ZFS and disk usage

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Tue Apr 17 10:22:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

Op Dinsdag, 17-04-2012 om 12:11 schreef Volodymyr Kostyrko:
> As I never worked with istgt myself I can't really say, but yes this
> somehow feels wrong to me.

Can someone confirm that I'm stupid? :P

> As all your data could be potentially stored in raw files let's test it
> another way. Could you create another zfs volume/istgt target and point
> it at /dev/zvol/storage/new_volume?
>
>   1. Would access to this new device work?
>   2. Would some new file be created?
>   3. Would some data be accounted to new_volume?

The box is running a production environment now, so I can't really fool around with it. It will be migrated soon though, which will give me some time to experiment.

Thanks a bunch for the help!

--
Dit bericht is verzonden via https://www.hyperdesktop.nl/. Alles, overal!

Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
KvK: 09218193  | http://www.tuxis.nl/
T: 0318 200208 | info at tuxis.nl
M: 06 53463918 | mark at tuxis.nl