[review request] zfsboot/zfsloader: support accessing filesystems within a pool

vermaden vermaden at interia.pl
Tue Apr 17 05:34:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

You should thought about making it the 'FreeBSD Foundation Project':
http://freebsdfoundation.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/accepting-project-proposals.html

I haven't got time to check this patch, but I would like to suggest these features:

1. Similar to NEXTBOOT command provide an option to boot some environment ONE TIME only, if it will hung at any place, upon next reboot it will not be booted, like ZFSNEXTBOOT for example.
2. Add possibility to move (by zfs send | zfs recv) 'boot environment' from other server without need to 'rebuild' the zpool.cache.

Regards and good luck,
vermaden