ZFS and disk usage

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Fri Apr 13 13:28:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

Op Vrijdag, 13-04-2012 om 15:11 schreef Volodymyr Kostyrko:
> > These are fiesystems that are created with the following command.
> > zfs create -V ${size}GB ${ZFS_ROOT}/${diskname}
>
> `zfs create -V` withous `-s` creates reserved volume that eats all
> needed space immediately. Technically zfs pool is filled only for 23%,
> but logically you have only 138G left unassigned.

I understand. However, the created volumes should use a total of 1211GB. That's not 1.6TB like zfs list says. But 1211 + 431 (referred) does come close to 1.6TB.n And 1.6 TB still isn't the 1.77TB that's in the zpool.

I have this feeling that zfs has reserved the space for each volume, but counts data written to the volumes in usage of the main filesystem. Mainly because zfs list shows me that the volumes have only 16KB referenced, where /storage has 431GB referenced.

--
Dit bericht is verzonden via https://www.hyperdesktop.nl/. Alles, overal!

Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
KvK: 09218193  | http://www.tuxis.nl/
T: 0318 200208 | info at tuxis.nl
M: 06 53463918 | mark at tuxis.nl