Resolved: 'kernel' not found - ZFS on GPT boot

Patrick Dorion dorionpatrick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:48:25 UTC 2011

Well I am pleased to report that I was successful in booting FreeBSD
8.2-RELEASE from a ZFS filesystem on a GPT partition.

I followed the guide.  I don't believe to have done anything different
this time around, aside installing the default boot loader using
fdisk.  Perhaps there was a conflict, I'm not certain...

It works!

Thank you all,

Patrick Dorion