ZFS on root: / is found but child datasets are not mounted

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Sun Sep 18 19:59:46 UTC 2011

Hi Jeremy,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 05:28:02AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 01:49:42PM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:40:10AM +0200, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> > > +--On 18 septembre 2011 11:27:22 +0200 Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie at le-hen.org>

> > > What about zfs_enable="yes" in /etc/rc.conf ?
> >
> > Yeah right, someone already pointed this to me in another thread.
> >
> > For some reason rc.conf(5) on the ZFS disk is not there whereas all
> > other files are there and identical (with the exception of fstab(5) of
> > course).
>
> If this is a "brand new install" then I imagine it's possible for
> rc.conf not to exist unless you chose during sysinstall to configure the
> network (which would include setting hostname="xxx", etc.) or adjust
> post-installation options (sshd_enable="YES", etc.).

This was a migration from UFS to ZFS.  I've basically copied /etc, which
I verified by comparing every files in both directories.  Only rc.conf
was missing, the other files were there and identical.

Anyway, this was indeed the lack of zfs_enable="YES" in rc.conf!

Thanks all.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen

Men are born free and equal.  Later on, they're on their own.
				Jean Yanne