ZFS-lighttpd2-sendfile, too high IO

Laszlo KAROLYI szoftos at freemail.hu
Tue Sep 13 09:56:44 UTC 2011

Hello,

it seems that turning off sendfile() in lighttpd2 completely solved my problem.

The inactive memory usage ceased, wired memory raised for ARC cache, and I see an enormous fall of IO load under the same (or even higher) network load. The disk IO load now scales to the network load.

Something must be not right with the sendfile support in ZFS.

However, my problem solved, and I'd suggest turning off sendfile in any programs in the future, unless this bug gets fixed.

Laszlo