ZFS monitoring

Tomáš Drbohlav drb at karlov.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Sep 9 06:59:56 UTC 2011

Hi!

Dne 9.9.2011 6:36, Jeremy Chadwick napsal(a):
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 11:48:55PM -0400, Jason Hellenthal wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 11:33:24AM +0200, Tom?? Drbohlav wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> we've got great experience with http://cuddletech.com/arc_summary/ (btw
>>> adapted to Nagios), actually, we use some version with added l2 cache stats.
>>>
>>>    Drb
>>>

>> You have considerable missed this then:
>>

>> https://jhell.googlecode.com/files/arc_summary.pl
>>
>> and the current repository version:
>>
>> http://bit.ly/arc_summary
>>
>> Which at this time are essentially the same.
>>
>> sysutils/zfs-stats is essentially a clone of an older version with
>> slight modifications.
>
> I could have a field day fixing this perl script.  Would you like me to
> contact you off-list discussing all the problems with it?  There are
> many (at least 6 just from skimming).

It would be at least inspiring if you can shout out your opinion, do not
mind in list or by e-mail, as you like.

> I would worry if this script was used by something like Nagios natively.

I am not sure what you mean 'natively', about 60% of checks made by
Nagios for us is written by me, but I do consider it native. Just to be
more precise, we push it to RRD through Nagios to see hwo is our ZFS doing.

  T:D