cannot boot from HDD

Alexandr shuriku at shurik.kiev.ua
Fri Oct 21 09:19:36 UTC 2011

Hello!

A few weeks ago I have migrated to a new laptop Lenovo B570 and I cannot
boot from my HDD. At the start of the boot process HDD led blinks some
times and boot continues from Network PXE. Bootloader from 8-RELEASE,
9-STABLE, and 10-CURRENT connot solve this issue.
I am using a GPT scheme on my laptop:

lenovo-b570# gpart show
=>       34  976773101  ada0  GPT  (465G)
          34        128     1  freebsd-boot  (64k)
         162  976772973     2  freebsd-zfs  (465G)

Now to boot my system I am using boottable usb-flash with Grub2
installed. Choosing boot from HDD mbr starts boot my system.
I discussed this problem in our local mailing list, but no success.
The only way I see to resolve my problem at this time is to use such scheme:

bios-boot (with Grub2)
freebsd-boot
freebsd-zfs