svn commit: r227333 - in head: . sys/amd64/conf sys/arm/conf sys/conf sys/i386/conf sys/ia64/conf sys/kern sys/mips/conf sys/pc98/conf sys/powerpc/conf sys/sparc64/conf

Attilio Rao attilio at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 8 12:13:27 UTC 2011

2011/11/8 Attilio Rao <attilio at freebsd.org>:
> Author: attilio
> Date: Tue Nov  8 10:18:07 2011
> New Revision: 227333
>
> Log:
>  Introduce the option VFS_ALLOW_NONMPSAFE and turn it on by default on
>  all the architectures.
>  The option allows to mount non-MPSAFE filesystem. Without it, the
>  kernel will refuse to mount a non-MPSAFE filesytem.
>
>  This patch is part of the effort of killing non-MPSAFE filesystems
>  from the tree.

This is just a gentle reminder in order to point you further to the
"official" page:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/NONMPSAFE_DEORBIT_VFS

and encourage once again people in adopting a dying FS if it really
matters to them.
So far, unfortunately, I didn't see a lot of activity in this area but
I hope that this would change soon.

Attilio