ZFS Problem - full disk, can't recover space :(.

Sun Mar 27 10:08:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:13:23 +0100 Dr Josef Karthauser
<josef.karthauser at unitedlane.com> wrote:

> >> I suggest a
> >> zfs list -r -t all void/store
> >> to make really sure we/you see what we want to see.
> [snip]
> > Definitely no snapshots:
> >
> [snip]
> > This is the problematic filesystem:
> >
> > void/j/legacy-alpha           56.6G  3.41G  56.6G  /j/legacy-alpha
> >
> > No chance that an application is holding any data - I rebooting and
> > came up in single user mode to try and get this resolved, but no
> > cookie.
>
> Could this be a problem with zpool version 15, which might be
> resolved with version 28?

As a first try you could export and reimport the pool. If it doesn't
work:

There is one problem with the current version in 8.x about space not
freed (AFAIK in the ZIL). Just booting with a more recent version
(9-current) and importing and exporting again should fix this issue
(with 9-current there is also "zpool import -F <pool>" which is
supposed to go back to a working state if a normal import is not
possible, I suggest to search the net what it is doing exactly in
case you need to use this).

If you can not try this you could try to destroy this one FS on the
pool and recreate it. Although, if you do not have (a place to make a)
copy of this data, I do not know what to try else.

Bye,
Alexander.