kmem_map too small with ZFS and 8.2-RELEASE

Joshua Boyd boydjd at jbip.net
Sun Mar 6 08:25:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
> If you get better performance -- really, truly, honestly -- with
> prefetch enabled on your system, then I strongly recommend you keep it
> enabled.  However, for what it's worth (probably not much), this is the
> first I've ever heard of a FreeBSD system performing better with
> prefetch enabled.

I just recently turned it on after having it turned off for a long
time ... my speeds went from ~300MB/s to 600+MB/s in bonnie++. This is
a dual core AM3 system with 8GB of ram, and 15 disks in a striped
raidz configuration (3 sets striped).

--
Joshua Boyd
JBipNet