FS errors during unmount after dump'ing

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 09:58:10 UTC 2011

[Added fs, please remove current on reply].
On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 08:51:38AM +0100, Christian Gusenbauer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Once in a week I backup my PC using amanda (which uses dump(8)). Subsequently
> unmounting a filesystem (or during shutdown) I get errors like these:
>
> handle_workitem_freeblocks: inode 3579904 block count 384
> handle_workitem_freeblocks: inode 3579962 block count 384
> /spare: unmount pending error: blocks 768 files 0
> softdep_waitidle: Failed to flush worklist for 0xc5be2288
> softdep_waitidle: Failed to flush worklist for 0xc5be2288
> softdep_waitidle: Failed to flush worklist for 0xc5be2288
> softdep_waitidle: Failed to flush worklist for 0xc5be2288
> softdep_waitidle: Failed to flush worklist for 0xc5be2288
> softdep_waitidle: Failed to flush worklist for 0xc5be2510
> softdep_waitidle: Failed to flush worklist for 0xc5be2510
> /data: unmount pending error: blocks 84 files 0
>
> Note, I get these messages *only* after dumping filesystems!
>
> Is there anything wrong with my filesystems?
>
> Any clues?
No clues, you did not provided information even to start looking.

What version of the OS you are using ?
How do you call dump, in particular, did you specified -L ?
Are there any hung (unkillable) processes after the issue appeared ?
Please show all kernel messages, not only the tail of it.