Configuring which pool to load zfsloader from

Graham Todd gtodd at bellanet.org
Mon Jan 31 14:36:02 UTC 2011

On 01/31/11 04:57, Bruce Cran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently reinstalled my system and after the initial installation
> created a second pool, zhome. After rebooting, the loader is
> trying to load zhome:/boot/zfsloader by default instead of the previous
> zroot:/boot/zfsloader. Is there a way to reconfigure it to use zroot
> instead of zhome?

Hmm I assumed setting the root for the loader in /boot/loader.conf would
work. eg:

vfs.root.mountfrom="zfs:zroot"

but I have never created a second pool during installation (I plan to when
9.0-RELEASE comes out, so I hope it's not too tricky).  Perhaps the
installation process defaulted to telling the loader to use the new pool
somehow?