ZFS help!

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Sun Jan 30 03:24:22 UTC 2011

On 1/29/2011 10:13 PM, James R. Van Artsdalen wrote:
> On 1/28/2011 4:46 PM, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>>
>> I had just added another set of disks to my zfs array. It looks like the
>> drive cage with the new drives is faulty.  I had added a couple of files
>> to the main pool, but not much.  Is there any way to restore the pool
>> below ? I have a lot of files on ad0,1,4,6 and ada4,5,6,7 and perhaps
>> one file on the new drives in the bad cage.
>
> Get another enclosure and verify it works OK.  Then move the disks from
> the suspect enclosure to the tested enclosure and try to import the pool.

Hi,
Thats the plan on Monday.  Post reboot, I can access the disks directly,
but all 3 disks show

0(offsite)# zdb -l /dev/ada3
LABEL 0
failed to unpack label 0
LABEL 1
failed to unpack label 1
LABEL 2
failed to unpack label 2
LABEL 3
failed to unpack label 3
0(offsite)#

> The problem may be cabling or the controller instead - you didn't
> specify how the disks were attached or which version of FreeBSD you're
> using.

RELENG_8, AMD64 8G of RAM.  Is there any way to pull zpool history from
an unmounted pool ?

	---Mike