ZFS help!

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Jan 28 22:47:08 UTC 2011

I had just added another set of disks to my zfs array. It looks like the
drive cage with the new drives is faulty.  I had added a couple of files
to the main pool, but not much.  Is there any way to restore the pool
below ? I have a lot of files on ad0,1,4,6 and ada4,5,6,7 and perhaps
one file on the new drives in the bad cage.

# zpool status -v
  pool: tank1
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
        replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-3C
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank1       UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
          raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad0     ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad1     ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad4     ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad6     ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada4    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada5    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada6    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada7    ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
            ada0    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
            ada1    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
            ada2    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
            ada3    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open

	---Mike