My ZFS v28 Testing Experience

Chris Forgeron cforgeron at acsi.ca
Sat Jan 22 19:09:00 UTC 2011

>Before we go any further could you please confirm that you commented out this line in sys/modules/zfs/Makefile:
>
>	CFLAGS+=-DDEBUG=1
>
>This turns all kind of ZFS debugging and slows it down a lot, but for the correctness testing is invaluable. This will >be turned off once we import ZFS into FreeBSD-CURRENT.

Ah! I did not do this. My bad, I've made the edit, and will be recompiling today to see the differences this makes.

I will also clone my disk, turn witness and full debug back on, and then try and find out where my problems importing a pool with multiple cache/log devices comes from. It's quite possible it's not hanging, just taking forever, and I'm impatient and not letting it sit for a n hour to see if it completes.

Will report back once I have numbers.