ext2fs: PR 153584, prealloc, etc.

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 3 04:14:51 UTC 2011

On 01/02/2011 19:21, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> Thanks for the bug report. This will be very easy to fix and I don't
> know why I didn't see it here. but for now use this simpler patch.

Ok, the simpler patch worked, but then I see that you sent a follow-up
to the PR with a new patch that supposedly fixes my issue. I definitely
appreciate your fast attention to this, but I've already applied your
smaller patch and rebooted, and I have stuff of my own to work on. :)

The good news is that patch-dbe applied over the older pre-allocation
patch just fine.

>> Any chance you 2 could work together to come up with 1 patch that
>> has the best of both worlds, and actually compiles on HEAD? It
>> would also be really useful if the resultant patch was created
>> using 'svn diff' as it would be a lot easier for those of us who
>> are interested in testing this to do so, not to mention actually
>> getting it committed.
>>

> We have been working together with Zheng Liu, who did the
> preallocation patch, but I believe these fixes should come first.

That's fine, I appreciate that this is getting attention.

Doug

			-- OK Go