ext2fs crash in -current (r218056)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 7 19:15:41 UTC 2011

On 02/07/2011 07:34, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:17:42 -0500
> John Baldwin<jhb at freebsd.org>  wrote:
>
>> No other messages at all before the 'da0: autosense failed' line?

Right.

> I've seen this with msdosfs: a memory stick I'm using just stops
> working after a while with the "autosense failed" error - and nothing
> before it. I'm wondering what debug sysctls to use to see what's going
> wrong.

I was copying from a fat32 partition to an ext2fs partition on the same
USB drive, so this fits.

Meanwhile, I finally had a chance to stress test John's locking patch.
It successfully passed a make -j2 buildworld/buildkernel with src and
obj on the same partition, and a ports build of libreoffice (and its
several dozen deps) with ports and WRKDIRPREFIX on the same partition,
part of which overlapped with the world build.

Doug

			-- OK Go