building kernel including GEOM_VINUM

Luca Pizzamiglio l.pizzamiglio at bally-wulff.de
Fri Feb 4 11:55:52 UTC 2011

Hi FS lists,

I'm Luca and I use FreeBSD for more than one year. And I'm happy for
that! I'm using 7.3 and 8.1.
I started to use gvinum+geli and everything is fine.
But I've a little problem: for a specific update procedure, I need to
build a kernel which includes Vinum, without module. I read on FreeBSD
handbook that is possible (but not raccomended), but I don't find how...

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/vinum-config.html

make lint create a file without any options or device related to vinum

I've also checked conf/options and there are no reference to vinum.

I missed something or GEOM_VINUM is available just as a module?

thanks in advance

Luca Pizzamiglio