Changing refcount(9) to use a refcount_t

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Fri Dec 23 12:20:06 UTC 2011

Hi Pawel,

* Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org>, 20111223 12:28:
> You changing here vendor code and we still don't want to do that if
> avoidable, as we want to share code with IllumOS.

To clarify, the changes made to rrwlock.* are likely applicable to
IllumOS as well. It effectively fixes misuse of the API, where
refcount_t is dereferenced, but also optimizes the code not to use
atomics on the counters, as they are already protected by a mutex.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/