Consistant panics trying to access zfs filesystems replicated from Sun/Oracle appliance

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Mon Dec 12 08:52:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

the zfs send/recv is now complete and instead facing a more severe problem. If I have any of the replicated filesystems mounted and try to go anywhere near them somehow, the systems panics, and it´s the exact same panic as before. Any attempt to cd, ls, whatever and it panics immediately. The system can be stable and up for weeks with all filesystems on zfs, including root, but as soon as I mount any of replicated filesystems and try to access them, blam!

Any suggestions?

Best Regards
Karli Sjöberg

Hi,

I´m in the process of vacating a Sun/Oracle system to a another Supermicro/FreeBSD system, doing zfs send/recv between. Two times now, the system has panicked while not doing anything at all, and it´s throwing alot of SCSI/CAM-related errors while doing IO-intensive operations, like send/recv, resilver, and zpool has sometimes reported read/write errors on the hard drives. Best part is that the errors in messages are about all hard drives at one time or another, and they are connected with separate cables, controllers and caddies. Specs:

HW:
1x  Supermicro X8SIL-F
2x  Supermicro AOC-USAS2-L8i
2x  Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B
1x  Intel Core i5 650 3,2GHz
4x  2GB 1333MHZ DDR3 ECC UDIMM
10x SAMSUNG HD204UI (in a raidz2 zpool)
1x  OCZ Vertex 3 240GB (L2ARC)

SW:
# uname -a
FreeBSD server 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #0: Mon Oct 10 09:12:25 UTC 2011     root at server:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
# zpool get version pool1
NAME   PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
pool1  version   28       default[/CODE]

I got the panic from the IPMI KVM:
http://i55.tinypic.com/synpzk.png