strange ZFS v28 states after disk upgrades/rebuilds

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Sun Aug 21 14:23:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Vladislav V. Prodan wrote:
>
> > > after hard reset, boot proceeds normally, but now I have similarly strange
> > > config:
> >

> > Try running:
> > zpool import -F <pool>
> >
> > if not helps:
> > zppol export <pool>
> > zpool import -fFX <pool>
>
> hm, I did not found reference to -F option in zpool manual page, nor much
> references on the web -- could you please sched me a light about it?

Ah, I see from commit message:

- zpool import -F. Allows to rewind corrupted pool to earlier
  transaction group.

However, the pool does not seem to be corrupted, at least its contents; after
backup is finished, I'll try to reassure by running scrub.

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]