ZFS: i/o error all block copies unavailable

Ruslan Yakovlev quazi at bk.ru
Sun Aug 14 12:23:36 UTC 2011

I think it is not bootcode problem. I not modify my bootcode when power
halted. It is some problems in ZFS.
When I probe import ZFS pool (in 9.0-BETA1) it wrote that pool is busy.
Only zpool import -f work.
After that I change mountpoint, list my files, replace mountpoint to /
and reboot. Now on boot it wrote many errors (many strings "ZFS: i/o
error..") and wrote file names.
First it /boot/kernel/kernel
when  I probe list files from bootcode, I can see only / and /boot, on
/boot/kernel it wrote "ZFS: i/o error.."
But now copy of /boot/kernel work fine from flash
I do
# copy -r /boot /boot.new
# move /boot /boot.broken
# move /boot.new /boot
Now kernel boot, but stopped when probe mount ZFS storage as root. If I
select boot string from menu and do #load /boot/kernel/zfs.ko it wrote
"ZFS: i/o error.."
pmbr and gptzfsboot from 9.0-BETA1 don't change anything. Problem staying.
And I can't boot from kernel.old (it wrote "ZFS: i/o error.." too)

I think if I copy all my files to other storage and rebuild ZFS pool,
problem leave, but now I don't have any other storage for all my data.