zfs porting roadmap?

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:28:50 UTC 2011

04.04.2011 18:03, Lukas Rössler написав(ла):
> I browsed through the archives of the past few months and saw that zfs
> is already ported up to v28 atm (thanks a lot at pjd - you do awesome
> work!).
>
> Don't get me wrong here, i don't want to sound demanding in any way, i'm
> just interested - are there plans to port it up to the current version
> (31, i believe)? The killer feature for me is encryption, which was
> added in v30...

For me the real killing feature would be import of better compressor
like snappy or bmdiff. I'd really vote for snappy, because:

1. It beats LZO at compression speed holding tight on decompression. It
also beats all other compression algorithms we currently have for ZFS.
2. It has BSD-style license.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.