ZFS failed after hard power off

Piotr Paczynski ppaczyn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 00:36:48 UTC 2011

> v28 was committed to -current on Feb 27th, so your snapshot is too
> old. You should be able to fix the pool with OpenIndiana liveDVD or
> liveUSB
> http://openindiana.org/download/

OK, after fiddling for like 4 hours I managed to run OpenIndiana
LiveDVD (wouldnt boot up which eventually turned out to by my KVM
fault) and then get it to see my 3ware 9650 arrays (needed to install
drivers from 3ware). The problem is my corrupted pool is not visible
by zpool command. Now, I have two pools on the server: zroot and
backup. The backup is visible (and not faulted) but zroot is not
visible under Solaris - this is the one I have problems with, and also
use as boot disk in FreeBSD:

root at openindiana:~# zpool import
  pool: backup
    id: 8416389847782759507
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk version.
action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier, though
	some features will not be available without an explicit 'zpool upgrade'.
config:

	backup        ONLINE
	  mirror-0    ONLINE
	    c4t1d0p0  ONLINE
	    c4t2d0s2  ONLINE
root at openindiana:~# zpool import zroot
cannot import 'zroot': no such pool available
root at openindiana:~# zpool import -fFn zroot
cannot import 'zroot': no such pool available

But zroot is sort of visible by zdb:

root at openindiana:~# zdb -l /dev/dsk/c4t0d0s2
LABEL 0
    version: 14
    name: 'zroot'
    state: 0
    txg: 4
    pool_guid: 2082617533358360017
    hostname: ''
    top_guid: 1617266672942229358
    guid: 1617266672942229358
    vdev_tree:
        type: 'disk'
        id: 0
        guid: 1617266672942229358
        path: '/dev/gpt/array0'
        whole_disk: 0
        metaslab_array: 23
        metaslab_shift: 31
        ashift: 9
        asize: 1995678416896
        is_log: 0

I presume custom FreeBSD partitioning or gpt is the problem here...
How do I import it in Solaris?

--
Piotr Paczynski