ZFS related kernel panic

a.smith at ukgrid.net a.smith at ukgrid.net
Thu Sep 16 12:13:24 UTC 2010

Quoting Alexander Motin <mav at FreeBSD.org>:

> Thanks to console access provided, I have found the reason of crash.
> Attached patch should fix it. Patched system successfully runs the
> stress test for 45 minutes now, comparing to crashing in few minutes
> without it.

Hi Alexander,

   regarding the patch, if I apply the patch to another system it
applies fine but the siis.c is not the same as the one on the system
you have been testing. Can you confirm if this is correct?
cksum of the siis.c on the test system is:

346699298 55045 ./siis.c

cksum of the siis.c after applying the attached patch file is:

269993354 54059 ./siis.c

thanks Andy.