RAID-Z pool causing system lockups

Dan Davis warinthepocket at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 04:11:54 UTC 2010

Hello there, I'm experiencing the same as Sergey
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-September/009288.html
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-September/009288.html>The
pool that I'm having trouble started as v13 under FBSD 8R back in December.
It worked fine after moving to 8.1R. Only after upgrading to v14 in August I
have been unable to access the pool at all. I've tried the disks over
two separate machines running 8.1R with the same results. ZFS will recognize
the pool as present after "zpool import," but any attempts to import them or
mount them causes the system to hang. I ran dd to see if I could access the
disks, along with checking their SMART records and they seem to be working
just fine.

Please let me know with what system information I can give you that will be
of help. The kernel isn't giving me any panic screens when this
happens, unfortunately.

Blessings,
-Dan D.

--
http://alpha2delta.blogspot.com/

Is it faith to understand nothing, and merely submit your convictions
implicitly to the Church?
-John Calvin