FreeNAS vs OpenSolaris vs Nexenta ZFS Benchmarks

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 12 20:35:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010, Miroslav Lachman wrote:

> I am sending this link to those interested in poor performance results of
> FreeNAS (FreeBSD) and ZFS.
>
> http://www.zfsbuild.com/2010/09/10/freenas-vs-opensolaris-zfs-benchmarks/

Ouch :-).

In general, not my area, so I'll leave it to the ZFS folks, but I will comment
that there's an InfiniBand project in flight -- Jeff Roberson's work on this
can be found in Subversion.  I'm not sure what his schedule is, and
presumably, there will be ZFS integration work to do even once the base
InfiniBand stack is done.

Robert