Raid + zfs performace.

Peter Ankerstål peter at pean.org
Sat Oct 30 19:13:43 UTC 2010

>> Now you presented me with a third option. So you think I should skip to create
>> a new hardware-raid mirror and instead use two single drives and add these as
>> a mirror to the existing pool?
>
> If you're going to keep the hardware raid, then setting up a new
> hardware raid of two drives, and then striping da1 with da0 via zfs is
> a viable option. It's just another spin on the RAID 10 idea.

Sorry to ask again but I'm still not sure what you think is the best solution when
comparing adding the two new drives as a zfs mirror like:
pool
	da0
	mirror
		da1
		da2

or making a hardware mirror da1 and adding that one

pool
	da0
	da1

And by the way. you guys seem zfs-shifty. Do you have any ideas about my other
problem i posted to the list? (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-October/009922.html)

Thanks!