consistent file system inconsistencies (tried replacing drive)

Scott Charron shewless at unleashed-web.org
Fri Oct 15 18:06:34 UTC 2010

I did not create a separate /tmp filesystem so I would guess /tmp is part of
root.  I will symlink it to /var/tmp (if it's not already).

Thanks I'll enable soft-updates and try.  It's odd though because
soft-updates are turned off by default on the root FS (when you are
partitioning during install).  Also I was under the impression soft-updates
would actually require a little more disk access time and thus make the
problem slightly worse.

I am open to try it, but I'm not sure why it would help.

I wouldn't say I have frequent outages, but enough to be very annoying on
this particular system because console/vga access is difficult.

Thank you,