Locked up processes after upgrade to ZFS v15

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:40:24 UTC 2010

> Jeremy,
>
> were are in a process of debugging this issue with Kai and I think that we are
> onto something.  I would like to ask you for some additional testing.
>
> What kind of workload do your run?
> Do you have anything using sendfile(2)?  E.g. Apache with EnableSendfile enabled
> (it might be by default, without explicit options).
> Can you try to disable sendfile(2) use, reboot and see how system behaves?
>
> If you still experience the same problem after doing the above, then I'd like to
> ask you for shell access with root privileges; or establishing communication via
> IM and running some commands for me.
>
> Thank you!
> --
> Andriy Gapon

Andriy,

I am not sure if this is the same issue, but
I have a similar problem running FreeBSD 9-CURRENT amd64 (sources as
of 1 hour ago)
a zfs lockup appears very frequently, it is a NFS server it locks up
several times per day.

I have been having these issues since before the ZFSv15 patch was
committed to HEAD a few months ago.
let me know if you need details, I have no problems giving you root
ssh on this machine... but it does  not have a serial port.
so I am not sure how useful it would be.

--

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks