status on Perc3 'aacli' toolset

Michael DeMan freebsd at deman.com
Sun Nov 28 14:23:29 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Sorry if I am mis-posting here, if I should be posting to a 'device drivers' list or something, please advise.

For some old hardware that was pressed back into production, I am unable to locate or advise anybody about tools to mange it.  The pertinent dmesg is:

aac0: <Dell PERC 3/Di> mem 0xf0000000-0xf7ffffff irq 18 at device 8.1 on pci1

There used to be a tool in FBSD ports, if I recall correctly it was something like 'aacli' and under sysutils.

Is there a more modern way to manage this old stuff, or is it totally (not just deprecated, but) wiped out from FBSD support?

This is on FBSD 8.1, totally stock:
FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Jul 19 02:55:53 UTC 2010     root at almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

Thanks,

- Mike