problem mounting from flash [Invalid sectorsize] [g_vfs_done() ?error=22]

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 9 13:29:16 UTC 2010

On 11/09/10 14:13, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> I don't know what sector sizes are supported today, but
> I wouldn't be surprised if only 512 to 2048 works out
> of the box.  I'm not aware of any widely used media
> that has sectors smaller than 512 or larger than 2048.
> (Those new 4k drives translate accesses to/from 512 byte
> sectors, so it looks like a 512-byte sector drive.)

Can't say much about the Olden Times, but now it's trivial to show that
UFS, in fact, works ok with various sector sizes using gnop.

I've tested it with at least 4 KiB sectors recently, and I think I
remember trying (successfully) 8 KiB sectors a few years ago in a
project, also successfully.

What might or might not work well, I think, is having fragment/block
ratio other then "8".