How to run ZFS Test Suite (ztest)?

Mihai-Catalin Salgau csalgau-br at bitdefender.com
Wed Nov 3 01:11:47 UTC 2010

Hello Jeremy,

> The commits are here, and are very easy/simple:

> r214623: http://freshbsd.org/2010/11/01/10/42/14
> r214622: http://freshbsd.org/2010/11/01/10/41/05

> I'd recommend hand-applying them and testing on RELENG_8 first and
> report back to us.  You will probably have to rebuild/install libzpool,
> just as a FYI.

Thanks. Sorry for the delay. I forgot to post back.
The patches are ok, but it seams it landed me back where 8.0-RELEASE was.
I've tried this on three amd64 systems running on 8.1-STABLE #2: Mon Nov  1 02:11:22 UTC 2010 or near.
# ztest -V
5 vdevs, 7 datasets, 23 threads, 300 seconds...
child died with signal 11
there is virtually 0 load on the system when running this