Skeleton Filesystem

Chad David davidc at acns.ab.ca
Tue Nov 2 18:00:42 UTC 2010

I'm porting our filesystem from Solaris to FreeBSD, and part of that
effort is getting back into FreeBSD and getting familiar with VFS.

I've been writing a simple module that focuses on the VFS interfaces
themselves, and not the underlying fileystem implementation in the hope
of ending up with a concise but complete skeleton that can be used as a
reference, and potentially a learning tool.

I have permission from my current employer to release this code, and am
wondering if there is any interest from others?  If there isn't, I'll
just focus on my port any leave you guys alone. If there is, I can make
the code available and spend more effort on documenting the flow and logic.

What I'm hoping for is feedback from people (who are maybe not experts
already) on what is clear and what is not.  If the code is straight
forward, it should be useful as a starting point for others, or even
just as a reference for the curious.

Anyway, if you are interested feel free to contact me, and I'd be happy
to make the code available.

Thanks.

Chad