zdb crash

Ståle Kristoffersen staale at kristoffersen.ws
Thu May 20 09:14:20 UTC 2010

As I posted about a while ago I had memory corruption, after fixing the
problem I ran a scrub that found a few errors that I fixed. I then started
zdb -cvv to check the metadata. Thats 8 days ago.
It didn't print out anything, just consumed 600MB of memory and 5% of the
cpu.
This morning I saw that it had crashed:
# zdb -cvv media

Traversing all blocks to verify checksums and verify nothing leaked ...
zdb_blkptr_cb: Got error 86 reading <441, 8198, 0, 1ff51>  -- skipping
zdb_blkptr_cb: Got error 86 reading <447, 0, 1, 0>  -- skipping
error: zfs: freeing free segment (offset=4372277157888 size=8192)
[1]    16661 abort      zdb -cvv media

And in the log file I saw:
pid 16661 (zdb), uid 0: exited on signal 6

I take it something is wrong, but what? And how do I fix it?
The file system seems to be working great.

--
Ståle Kristoffersen
staalebk at ifi.uio.no