kern/145339: [zfs] deadlock after detaching block device from raidz pool

Alex Bakhtin alex.bakhtin at gmail.com
Mon May 17 15:36:42 UTC 2010

Pawel,

   I tested your patch in the following zfs configuration (all on
5x2TB WD20EARS drivers):

1. raidz1 on top of physical disks.
2. raidz1 on top of geli
3. raidz2 on top of physical disks.

   In all three cases it seems that the problem was fixed - I can't
crash zfs in vdev_geom when unplugging the disk.

   Unfortunately, 3 times I got a deadlock in zfs after plugging
vdevs back under load. It happens several seconds after zpool online
command. I'm not 100 percent sure that deadlocks are related to this
patch, but... I'm going to make some additional testing with patched
and not patched kernels.