Freebsd 8.0 kmem map too small

Giulio Ferro auryn at zirakzigil.org
Wed May 5 09:05:14 UTC 2010

On 05.05.2010 09:52, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

Nope, it's happened again... Now I've tried to rise vm.kmem_size to 6G...

> Did you set both vm.kmem_size and vfs.zfs.arc_max, setting the latter to
> something *less* than vm.kmem_size?

Yes.
After your suggestion, I set
vfs.zfs.arc_max: 3758096384
vm.kmem_size: 4G

Now:
vfs.zfs.arc_max: 3758096384
vm.kmem_size: 6392119296

>> I'm really astounded at how unstable zfs is, it's causing me a lot
>> of problem.
>>
>> Why isn't it stated in the handbook that zfs isn't up to production yet?
>>
> I'm not at liberty to comment + answer this question.

Why people responsible for ZFS on freebsd aren't saying anything?
What's the status of this issue? Is someone working on this???