Instant crash with ZFS + iozone?

Josh Carter josh at multipart-mixed.com
Tue May 4 14:41:18 UTC 2010

Tangental note re iozone on FreeBSD's ZFS, if you run it as a normal
user (not root) you'll see iozone exit prematurely with a message to
the effect of "filesystem is not sane." This is due to an issue with
checking permissions on a ftruncate, it's a bug that I'll hopefully
get time to poke at myself if someone doesn't beat me to it. In the
meantime, run iozone as root.

(However that doesn't help Lassi, just FYI for others.)

-Josh