Do we want a periodic script for a zfs scrub?

Tue Jun 15 08:59:36 UTC 2010

Quoting Stefan Esser <se at FreeBSD.org> (from Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:15:15 +0200):

> Am 15.06.2010 09:53, schrieb Alexander Leidinger:

>> The question is if the integer arithmetic in shell is supposed/allowed
>> to handle 64bit unsigned integers on 32bit machines or not.
>
> I extended expr and test (standalone binaries and /bin/sh builtins) to
> handle 64 bit on i386 a looong time ago (and I also added overflow
> checks to all calculations). But then it was decided, that POSIX demands
> 32 bit range on 32 bit machines, so support for 64 bit range was made
> conditional on a switch (expr -e if memory serves me right ...). So yes,
> 64 bit range is available on all platforms.

Great, I converted to expr -e and used seconds since epoch to
calculate the date difference.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.