Do we want a periodic script for a zfs scrub?

Thu Jun 10 09:27:17 UTC 2010

Quoting jhell <jhell at dataix.net> (from Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:07:22 -0400):

> Please add a check to see if any resilerving is being done on the pool
> that the scub is being executed on. (Just in case), I would hope that
> the scrub would fail silently in this case.

It does. No need to check for the resilvering.

> Please also check whether a scrub is already running on one of the pools
> and if so & another pool exists start a background loop to wait for the
> first scrub to finish or die silently.

I do not want a background job running forever in the periodic script.
If a scrub is in progress, it should print the fact and do nothing (a
second scrub after the running one finishes us superflous). I will
have a look at this.

Bye,
Alexander.

--