arc cache: pagesize and/or power of 2 constraints?

Thu Jul 29 07:48:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

while writting some acceptance tests for the Solaris machines at work
I wondered if the size of the arc cache should be a multiple of the
page size and/or a power of 2. I searched the net, but was not able to
find some info regarding this.

I would expect that it does not make sense to have an arc cache size
which is not a multiple of the page size. And depending on how the arc
cache is implemented, it would make sense to have it even as a power
of 2 size (even if it is able to handle non-power-of-2 sizes).

Did someone had a look at this in FreeBSD?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Reporter, n.:
	A writer who guesses his way to the truth and dispels it with a