Freebsd 8 Release /usr Die After host VMWARE Crash

Diego Arias dak.col at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 13:59:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 6:18 AM, Simun Mikecin <numisemis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
Hi there:

- I discard a CPU/memory corruption because 8 more VM were running there and
start without problem (Windows, not Unix ,Linux or BSD)
- Actually i dont know if it is FreeBSD Fault but its curious and dangerous.
- Its stock system so, no Async
- Any info you need that might be usefull just ask, im here to help and can
give you all the info you need
- The FSTAB is in the first mail and this report mount

/dev/ad0s1a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)
/dev/ad0s1e on /tmp (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1f on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1d on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)

- the machine its actually running from its backup, i have not touched the
FSTAB or mount stuff since installation
- the machine was installed on VirtualBox then migrated to VMWARE with the
convert utility from Virtualbox
- SAN Hard drives are all Fibre Channel On Raid 5, fully redundant path, the
SAN Switches on the chassis (Enclosure) didn't die when the enclosure start
malfunctioning, other SAN applications works without trouble after restart
on the same chasis as Virtual machines on the same LUN. the Blades Hard
drives are SAS 10000RPM

Diego Arias
--
mmm, interesante.....