HAST and CARP

Mikolaj Golub to.my.trociny at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 12:36:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:24:19 +0900 hiroshi at soupacific.com wrote:

 h> Hi !

 h> I checked without ifstate, without CARP !

 h> ServerA
 h> #hastctl create zfshast
 h> #hastd
 h> #hastctl role primary zfshast

 h> ServerB
 h> #hastctl create zfshast
 h> #hastd
 h> #hastctl role secondary zfshast

 h> check synch on ServerA
 h> after nodirty bytes

 h> #zpool create hasthome /dev/hast/zfshast

 h> then
 h> disconnect ethernet.

 h> ServerB
 h> #hastctl role primary zfshast
 h> #zpool import -f hasthome

 h> Then reboot ServerA and connect ethernet.
 h> zpool export -f hasthome

This command on this stage looks strange. It is supposed you don't have hastd
started yet (you start it on the next step) and there is no hast device so
zpool export should return "no such pool". Is it so?

 h> hastd
 h> hastctl role seconday zfshast

 h> Then split-brain detected appear.

 h> I made hast device realy small and checked couple of times and same result.

I think I had such scenario many times when did some testing (but without
disconnecting ethernet) and did not notice problems. Anyway I will try to
reproduce this tonight.

 h> Thanks

 h> Hiroshi

--