mbuf leakage with nfs

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Sun Feb 28 17:56:29 UTC 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:21:28 +0000 "Robert N. M. Watson"
<rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote about Re: mbuf leakage with nfs/zfs? :

RNMW> It's almost certainly one or a small number of very specific RPCs
RNMW> that are triggering it -- maybe OpenBSD does an extra lookup, or
RNMW> stat, or something, on a name that may not exist anymore, or does it
RNMW> sooner than the other clients. Hard to say, other than to wave hands
RNMW> at the possibilities.
RNMW>
RNMW> And it may well be we're looking at two bugs: Danny may see one bug,
RNMW> perhaps triggered by a race condition, but it may be different from
RNMW> the OpenBSD client-triggered bug (to be clear: it's definitely a
RNMW> FreeBSD bug, although we might only see it when an OpenBSD client is
RNMW> used because perhaps OpenBSD also has a bug or feature).

In my case it is the Linux client causing the problems (cannot tell yet if
it is only with udp, but I would think so). If I understand Daniel
correctly his latest testes were performed with FreeBSD client and udp. So
it may very well be a generel issue with udp?! Would this help narrowing
down the problem?

cu
  Gerrit