mbuf leakage with nfs/zfs?

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Sat Feb 27 21:38:11 UTC 2010

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:32:39 +0100 Eirik Øverby <ltning at anduin.net> wrote
about Re: mbuf leakage with nfs/zfs?:

E> I've had a discussion with some folks on this for a while. I can easily
E> reproduce this situation by mounting a FreeBSD ZFS filesystem via
E> NFS-UDP from an OpenBSD machine. Telling the OpenBSD machine to use TCP
E> instead of UDP makes the problem go away.

So we see this problem with udp clients from OpenBSD and Linux.

E> Other FreeBSD systems mounting the same share, either using UDP or TCP,
E> does not cause the problem to show up.

As Daniel reported he saw the problem with FBSD 8-stable: Which version
was the FBSD-client that worked for you with udp?

E> A patch was suggested by Rick Macklem, but that did not solve the issue:
E> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-December/014181.html

Yeah, I also found and tried this on Friday - unfortunately without any
success, the leakage is still there.

cu
  Gerrit