bin/144214: zfsboot fails on gang block after upgrade to zfs v14

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 00:00:10 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR bin/144214; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dan Naumov <dan.naumov at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, c.kworr at gmail.com
Subject: RE: bin/144214: zfsboot fails on gang block after upgrade to zfs v14
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 01:57:16 +0200

 > I have no partitions at all and I'm booting from a ZFS dedicated disk.

 Sure you do have partitions. Booting off a purely ZFS disk without a
 valid partition table is not and has never been possible in neither
 FreeBSD nor Solaris.

 What you need to do is update your bootcode (because it has changed
 for zfs v14). How you do this depends on whether you use zfsboot or
 gptzfsboot. The links above describe the process.

 - Sincerely,
 Dan Naumov