PR kern/152605

Kirk McKusick mckusick at mckusick.com
Thu Dec 2 19:09:57 UTC 2010

> From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus at gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:33:35 -0500
> Subject: Re: How a full fsck screwed up my SU+J filesystem
> To: Michael Butler <imb at protected-networks.net>
> Cc: Kirk McKusick <mckusick at mckusick.com>,
>         Kostik Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com>, current at freebsd.org
>
> Hello,  what do you make of this PR report ?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/152605
>
> This panic happens during bg-fsck every time. I have to boot into
> single user-mode and do a fsck to correct.

I have not seen this bug report yet. It would be helpful if you
could identify which file is associated with inode 18, e.g.,

	cd <filesystem that crashes>
	find . -x -inum 18 -ls

Also, a transcript of the fsck that you run to clean up the mess
so that I can see what is broken in the filesystem.

	Kirk McKusick