memory inconsistencies with OpenAFS on FreeBSD

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 29 22:28:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, Kostik Belousov wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 12:28:51AM -0400, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>>
>> I also don't seem to be able to run executables from AFS:
>> freebuild# ./my_mmap test4
>> elf_load_section: truncated ELF file
>> Abort
> This sounds very much as missed vnode_pager_setsize() calls.
> VM tracks the file size as vnode vmobject size separately.
> I think this was done for historical reasons, but also it
> allows to not traverse the vop stack calling VOP_GETATTR each
> time when size is needed.

Yes, that looks to have done the trick -- thanks to Matt Benjamin for
doing the legwork to find all the places it was needed.
With that fix and a small locking patch, my buildworld now finishes.

Thanks!

-Ben