NFS problem: file doesn't appear in file listing, but can be accessed directly

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Tue Aug 3 12:51:47 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have two FreeBSD 8.x machines, one is the NFS server (8-STABLE, about
one week old), the other is the client (8.1-PRERELEASE from May).

The strange thing is this, happening on the NFS mount, client side:
# ls -la 1083536654.80433.be03,S=7592
-rw-------  1 mail  mail  7592 May  3  2004 1083536654.80433.be03,S=7592
# ls | grep 1083536654
ls doesn't find that file...

Are there any known bugs regarding bad NFS client behaviour (caching
maybe) in the above timeframe in stable/8?
The machine does high amounts of NFS copying, and I can reproduce the
above any time, so if it's cache related, it's pretty weird...

I'm currently upgrading to see whether that helps.